Thursday 15 September 2016

Existential Crisis

Thursday 15 September 2016


There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. William Barclay

Hellloooooooo people ! Minions, munchkins, muggles :)


You are going through an existential crisis. Reassessing your life and questioning everything in this bloody universe. Sipping your cup of coffee, tea, matcha tea...whatever you like and just staring. Staring into blank space and working those gears of your precious brain. Why am I here ? What's this cup doing in my hand? Why am I breathing ? Wait, hold on; maybe you're not that dramatic.

I am in an existential crisis and I am not alone. Bombarding my friends with a simple "How are you?", results in a huge rant about life. It leads to debates revolving around Godot, Plato, Aristotle, you name it. I am not alone. They are not alone. Its okay if you are figuring out life.

Some say, I am too young to go through this and in my opinion everyone goes through an existential crisis at least once in a lifetime. It doesn't matter if you just got hit by the puberty bus or you're raising children. I think its extremely important to sit back and reassess life. Get your shit together ! Existential crisis may be linked to depression but today I will not discuss depression.

I want to say that its okay if you're in this slump right now. According to me, this problem has become more and more widespread due to our modern day lifestyle. Social media portrays this ideal life, this picture perfect dream; which can only exist in some utopia. The truth is we are born to die. Our bodies undergo the journey of aging once we are born. But fellow munchkins, life is not meaningless. Life is what you make it. You can make it meaningless if you want. That's easy. Just moan, rant and do nothing less. To make life worth something is difficult, but not impossible. Take a break from your monotonous routine. Take a break from social media.

Whenever I feel like life is meaningless, I take a long walk. I travel, for travelling makes us feel alive. You don't have to book a long holiday to the south of France. Just go outside and be aware of your surroundings. You will notice beautiful things. A bee frolicking around flowers, or a beautiful bag sitting on the front display of Nordstrom.

Read. Drown yourself in philosophy, romance, sci-fi; books are the best companions. Reading the book, Fault in Our Stars really made me change my outlook on life. Make a bucket list. If we have no meaning in life, why don't we take advantage of this mortal state and fulfil some long lost dreams. We all have some buried deep inside. Come on ! There must be one somewhere !

Most importantly, make a difference. Okay, you are pessimistic and you have a meaningless existence. At least make a difference in someone else's life. Put a smile on someone's face. Donate something or help someone.

Feel better :)

Love,

Lubna
 

4 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration. Truly! I hope I become as positive as you. Guess I'll have to be a regular at themisslubna! 😉😗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Lubna. This post filled me up with a new energy. Thank you for this wonderful post, keep writing and motivating others.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wao... this was amazing .... i loved it 😊😊

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014