Sunday 11 September 2016

My Favourites - Beauty ♥

Sunday 11 September 2016
 


I am unusually happy today... When I say unusually, I mean like so frickkin' happy for no particular reason. What a way to start a post, eh? Who here gets high on makeup ? Me !!! Beauty wise, August has been fantastic. I got my hands on some amazing products.

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Face Palette: Hallelujah ! If you are into makeup and beauty vloggers, you must know the hype  around this heavenly palette ! Its pretty expensive but I found a way to justify the price. The quantity of each product is quite generous. Its the perfect face palette with three blushes and two highlighters. Every shade is super pigmented and the staying power is a good 6-8 hours. Becca never disappoints and this collaboration with Jaclyn Hill is a dream come true.





Rose Spritz: Is a shimmery pink blush. If a blush and highlighter had a baby, it would be this ! Its quite sheer, so I use it with Pamplemousse. Becca calls it a luminous blush and luminous it is.
Amaretto : This is a medium rosy - brown blush. Very pigmented and warm. It is almost matte. When I say almost matte, I mean that it has less shimmer than the other two blushes;but being a mineral blush it has a satin finish.
Pamplemousse : This is a bright warm pink blush. It is so pigmented that, if you use a lot you will end up looking like a clown. I barely dip my blush brush in and tap off the excess.

Champagne Pop is peachy gold highlighter. A little goes a long way. This has become a cult favorite now. It flatters every skin tone, without emphasizing the pores.
Prosecco Pop is a warm, yellowy gold highlighter. Both of these highlighters are creamy. Not powdery at all. Mixed together, they deliver that ethereal glow. I am hooked. I don't care how shiny my face looks. Let it glow... let it glow... :P

All these formulas are so creamy and pigmented. I am not scared of hitting pan on any of them. Its a palette made for goddesses. The quality of the packaging is spectacular. Sitting on my vanity, it looks so chic. I will definitely repurchase individual products and I am currently eyeing Champagne Pop in the cream formula.


Rexall Kit Cosmetic Sponge: I haven't really tried the Beauty Blender; but I think I found a sponge that does the job well. This little pink sponge from Rexall Pharmacy expands when its wet, making it a great tool to apply foundation. I just bop it all over and I get a pretty good finish. I have used it all month and I love it. Will I skip the Beauty Blender? No. I really want to see if the hype is true.




TheFaceShop Eyeshadow in Beautiful Orange 16 : I bought this eyeshadow a long time ago and this month I rediscovered its beauty. I use a small eye shadow brush to apply it on my lids and the color payoff is so rich. I don't do loud eyeshadows and this is the perfect pop of color for me. Its such a summery shade. I never expected TheFaceShop makeup to be so good.  I would describe the color as a warm orange.

Nowadays, I like using one creamy shade all over my lid and this is just that !


Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 216: This little baby is from the Sephora Birthday set. Its color is described as a "baked rose". It reminds me of the 90s, grungy dusty pink shades. The formula is extremely creamy and the color just glides on my lips. Skip the lipliner and strut yourself. This product screams high end. And what's even more better ? No emphasis on dry lip lines. A big YAY !



Left to Right : Becca Palette - 1.Rose Spritz Blush 2. Amaretto Blush 3.Pamplemousse Blush 4.Champagne Pop 5. Prosecco Pop 6. Marc Jacobs Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Lipstick 7. The Face Shop Eye Shadow 16 Beautiful Orange




Have you tried any of these products ? What are your beauty favourites ? Tell me below x

Follow me on Instagram @lubnaumar
Twitter : TheMissLubna

Follow my blog --> CLICK THE BLOGLOVIN BUTTON ♥♥♥


 
Love,
 
Lubna





6 comments:

  1. Lovely picks! I love the Becca x JH palette. It's absolutely stunning. Definitely one of my favourite palettes :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lipstick, my kind of shade. Thank you for sharing this.

    Sweet | STYLE / COLLECTIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Becca Palette looks so stunning! I can see why it is one of your favoutites!! <3 Lovely post

    Amelia | Amelia Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh, I've been eying the Becca Palette for the longest time.

    Alyse (J.X.L.) | Lumière & Lens

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics!
    I have never used a makeup sponge that wasn´t the beauty blender, but I can asure you that if you love the one you're using now you will love the beauty blender.
    The Becca palette looks so dreamy!
    www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014