Saturday 23 July 2016

Looking for a drugstore foundation ? My Picks ♥

Saturday 23 July 2016



Hey Guys,

I hope you all are doing well ! Today, I want to share my drugstore foundation collection with you guys. Finding a good foundation can be extremely daunting; been there, done that. Not everybody can splurge on makeup and that's when drugstore makeup comes in handy. The drugstore is filled with amazing foundations. A good foundation is the setting stone for any makeup look. You don't always need it. But a perfect base always helps.

My skin is combination; meaning that only my T - zone is oily. When looking for a foundation swatch it on your jaw/cheeks and see if the blends seamlessly into your skin. If it does, its a match. You should know your skin type and undertones. People can have neutral, warm, or cool undertones. My skin has yellow undertones so I stick to warm shades. 
 
  • Cool – Your skin has pink undertones with blue looking veins. (Look on your wrists to determine the color of your veins) 
  • Warm – your skin has golden/yellow undertones with greenish veins.
  • Neutral – your skin has no obvious yellow or pink tones, it's hard to determine the color of your veins. They can be a mixture of both blue and green.

These 4 foundations work well for me and are quite popular in the drugstore.

1.Maybelline Fit Me SPF 18 - I have the shade 230 Natural Buff. This foundation is not too thick, making it easy to blend. It has medium coverage. I like it, but sometimes it oxidizes on my skin. But, most beauty gurus rave about it and I think that it does the job pretty well. The Fit Me powder works really well with it. Its great for everyday wear; for work or school.

2. L'Oréal True Match Foundation - This is a great foundation with high coverage. You can build up the coverage as you go. Its thicker that the Fit Me one and the best thing is that it comes in tons of shades. L'Oréal has also color coded markings on the bottles according to the undertones. It has SPF 17, sun protection is always an added bonus. But, for daytime use I always layer a lightweight sunscreen beneath my foundation. I have the shade W6.

3. Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation - This is my go-to daily foundation. I apply it straight from the stick and then blend it with my fingers/brush/damp sponge. Anything works ! I love the light coverage it has. I have the shade 235 Pure Beige. It claims to be shine free and in my opinion, it does control shine to some extent. If you are new to makeup, such light foundations can be easy to work with. Its not messy like liquid foundations. The packaging makes it easy to carry. Its super quick to apply and the shade match is pretty spot on for me. I am quite impressed with the whole Fit Me range.

4. Revlon PhotoReady Foundation - This is my ultimate favourite. As the name implies, it is great for flash photography. I love using it for special events ! It does not make you look whitish/ghastly in photos. It has a dewy finish and the coverage is also quite high. If you swatch it on your hands, you can see the very fine shimmer in it; which is not that visible on the skin, but overall very pretty. The formula is quite thick and you don't need a lot. But, it does take a lot of blending. A good 3-5 minutes of blending gives a seamless finish. I have the shade 006 Medium Beige.

Some foundations can oxidize; meaning that they react with the oils in your skin and turn orange or grey. Using a primer underneath can prevent this.
 
You don't always need fancy brushes to apply foundation. The warmth of your fingers can really help blend the product onto your skin. Oh and most importantly, my ultimate foundation tip - less is more. Start with small dots of product and blend it well. Only use more if you think you need it. Excess foundation looks very bad and cakey on the skin. #NoCakeFace
 
Love,

Lubna

6 comments:

  1. I love the Maybelline Fit Me foundation and powder too. The L'oreal True Match is one of my favourites as well! :)

    Nicole | In The Life of NM // Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love L'Oreal's True Match! It's one of my favorite drugstore foundations!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Maybelline FIT Me! Every time I wear it I always get compliments.



    Lipstick Villain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to try the Revlon Colour Stay & the L'Oreal True Match, though I think I'm going to pick up the Lumi version as my skin is dry. I've been loving the GOSH X-Ceptional Wear foundation recently! Xx

    Tania | GOSH X-Ceptional Wear Foundation Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love the look of your picks! My favourite drugstore foundation so far is the Maxfactor Facefinity, as I found my perfect shade, but I'd love to try the Revlon one! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used the Loreal true match for years. Such a great foundation :)
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014