Thursday 23 February 2017

The Spring Makeup Edit

Thursday 23 February 2017
 
After a long gloomy winter, this lovely spring weather is a blessing. Who doesn't like spring ? I adore the spring months because I believe its the best time to dress up, travel, and do several outdoor activities, without having to cover every inch of your body from the glaring sun or snow.
 
The makeup look I am loving nowadays is very minimal; when I say minimal I mean no winged-liner, contour or highlight. The look is very soft and dewy. I start off by generously moisturising my face and then applying a small amount of the L'Oréal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation in 106 Sun Beige. I know this foundation is matte but it gives me the perfect coverage without looking cakey and flat. I then set my face using a translucent powder. For my eyes, I apply a wash of color using any of my MAC eyeshadows from my MAC duo. The matte rusty brown is Saddle and the other bronze shade is Woodwinked. Both are perfect for that single wash of color. It just adds depth to the eyes. I love doing this ! I top it off with my new holy grail mascara, the L'Oréal Voluminous Original in Blackest Black. This stuff separates my lashes and makes them look very voluminous, as the name rightly suggests. It is one of the best mascaras I have tried and it has replaced my Maybelline Lash Sensational.
 
For blush, I am enjoying the MAC Mineralize Blush in New Romance. This is the star of the show; it delivers that glowy, lit from within look. Being a baked blush, it has micro fine shimmer which catches the light whenever you move. Its ethereal ! The color is an icy peachy which translates beautifully on the skin. For lips, I use the Lush Lip Tint in It Started with a Kiss. This is a red lip tint with lovely ingredients such as coconut oil and shea butter. This gives me that healthy red, just bitten lip look. I really want to try the Glossier Lipsticks which also deliver a similar effect but I can't get my hands on any because they only ship within the US. This Lush tint delivers the same cool girl, effortless lip which you see all over the runways.
 
What are your spring makeup staples? Which products would you like to try ?
 
Follow me on Instagram @lubnaumar to see my makeup looks !
 
 
Bisoux,
 
Lubna

13 comments:

  1. Lovely picks! Your foundation looks so good!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blusher is so pretty! I really like MAC blushers so I must check this one out!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  3. That MAC blush just looks like perfection! I will need to keep an eye out for it next time I am in store!

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  4. that lip tint is my favourite lush product!
    jen | velvet spring

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that foundation, and you look fab!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woodwinked and Saddle are the perfect quick and easy nude eye pairing :) I also LOVE the L'Oreal foundation

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Spring time too. Your skin looks so glowy and fresh. Beautiful hun!
    Kate xx

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014