Saturday 20 February 2016

Why it's healthy to go BANANAS !

Saturday 20 February 2016
Hey Guys,
 
I like starting my day with a delicious glass of banana smoothie. I have tried various fruits for my smoothies; frozen, fresh berries, pears etc. But nothing beats bananas. From banana sandwiches to banana chips. I love them all ! As most of you must know, the great minions also love bananas...why ? Here's why?

Provides Energy: Bananas are a great source of energy because they are jam packed with healthy carbohydrates and potassium. They are perfect for athletes and regular people like us! Bananas help restore the electrolyte balance in your body. 
Promotes Cardiovascular Health: Bananas are a rich source of potassium, a mineral that can maintain the blood pressure. Research also shows that it can reduce the risks of strokes.
Stomach Health: Bananas are a natural antacid and they protect you against stomach ulcers.  
 
 
My fav♥ recipes!
 
 
1 Banana, broken into chunks
2 cups of milk
4 dates
1 spoon of protein powder
1 teaspoon of flaxseeds
 
Measure and add all the ingredients into the blender and blend it all together.
This smoothie recipe is amazing because the dates provide iron and they sweeten the smoothie, so there is no need for sugar. The flaxseeds have OMEGA 3 and 6. The ingredients compliment each other perfectly.
 



 

1 Banana, broken into chunks

2 cups of milk(almond or soy work too!)

2 spoons of peanut butter

 
Who doesn't like peanut butter? Try out these recipes and let me know what you think !
Love,
Lubna
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy hahah! I am definitely going to be trying this out, lovely post :)

    Kathy xx
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lubna! This is really amazing, I'll definitely try it every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really yummy, definitely going to try this! Thanks for sharing xx
    Danielle - Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bananas! I seriously couldn't live without them. I love adding them to smoothies, pancakes and basically everything. And banana chips are the best snacks! I also, sometimes love to do banana ice-cream milkshake when I am feeling like I need something sweet in my life. I use two bananas, a cup of vanilla ice cream and a cup of milk. Delicious! :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014