Wednesday 15 June 2016

Redefining femininity ! PCOS and Women in General

Wednesday 15 June 2016


What is femininity ? What makes me feel like a woman ? Is it my hair, or my hips ? I recently came across an article online, which was about a woman with PCOS. She started shaving her face at a young age and now has decided to sport a full on beard. And she stated that it made her feel more confident and womanly. The article surprised me a lot and got me thinking. If I lose all my hair, will I still feel womanly? Is this feeling connected with outer looks; or is it a state of mind. A deep mindset ? I believe that it is a deep thought; a feeling of contentment and security.

Dealing with #PCOS isn't easy. Not just women with PCOS, but most women have some facial hair, hair thinning or other so called "masculine" attributes. I believe that if I feel secure in my mind+body, I can feel feminine at any age or state. I don't need luscious hair or a perfect woman's body. The definition is constantly in a flux. How we deal with it differs with person to person. The lady in the article inspired me to write this post and she is so beautiful. Her heart is so strong and sincere. She is secure; we don't need people defining us and putting us in categories. We need to be happy in our lives. For some people putting on nail polish is a sign of femininity. Some might like dressing up. Its all to do with our personal preferences. But, dear friends think beyond this and lets be secure in our hearts. Let us love and nurture ourselves and ignore these "solid" definitions. We don't need to be skinny or curvy. I will be me and you do you boo !

The next time I lose a bit of hair, I won't feel "unwomanly". I will always be feminine. I don't need these markers. PCOS or no PCOS. I am what I choose to be ! What will you be ?

Love,

Lubna

♥ Follow me on Instagram @lubnaumar

8 comments:

  1. It's actually a fact which many of us fail to acknowledge. I totally second your thoughts. Beautifully framed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post!! the picture at the top is beautiful! :)

    Victoria | victoriaahelenn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading this, thank you for sharing! I love your blog too by the way, would be great if we could follow each other.. let me know! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, you are a great writer!
    And I love the photo!
    X

    www.britishmilan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really glad you enjoyed it ! I tried hard to voice my opinions sensitively x

      Lubna

      Delete
  5. I'm happy to see the considerable subtle element here!. natural face cream

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014