Thursday 2 June 2016

Why its okay to be human...

Thursday 2 June 2016



I haven't been posting regularly for a long time now and this is because I have
been busy with things. I have also been stressed out because I have realised that I am not perfect. I made mistakes and I wasn't okay with it. I beat myself down and went into a zone of negativity and isolation. Its good to take a step back and isolate yourself when life gets tough; but I was just letting go of happiness. And those around me noticed that I stopped smiling and reacting to things.

Its okay if you mess up things in life. I know there is no time machine to change the past. There is no eraser to edit bad memories. Most importantly, you cannot let go of life. Things move on, and so do you. Sometimes it just takes longer. People who get depressed and decide to end their precious lives, should first think how it would affect others. I know that my life is connected to several other precious lives and I am a responsible human being. You see, I blow things out of proportion and magnify my problems. This is a really bad habit which I am trying to get rid of.

I am also letting go of my notion of perfection. Nobody is perfect. Its easy to repeat, but harder to believe. Media tries to project this ideal image; this image of the perfect human being. Which not only sets unrealistic goals for people everywhere, it also triggers negative thoughts. People start comparing themselves and doubting their own skills and beauty. We are not gods or demi gods. We are human beings and its okay to make little mistakes because God is forgiving.

I am on a journey. A journey of self love, forgiveness, and positivity. Shit happens and you know what ? Its okay. Pick yourself up and dust the negativity off. I like preaching these things to other people; its easy to do that, but adopting these habits are hard. We are all on our own journeys.

Sometimes we have to think things over and be rational. We have to make changes in life without being clouded by emotions. You can also seek help. I met a counsellor who taught me to let little problems go. She taught me how to shut off unwanted thoughts.

You can truly love another person, when you love yourself. Go and give yourself a big hug. Treat yourself today ! Don't be too hard on yourself. Go chase your dreams and let go of the things which are weighing you down. Go have that cupcake...go get that bar of chocolate. Love yourself a little more... I am secretly living out my dreams. I have been writing poetry everyday and this makes me feel content. 

Last but not least, practice gratitude. Make it an attitude ! Look around yourself and thank god for your life. For the food, shelter, and family you are blessed with.


Love,

Lubna xoxo
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice read!

    Happy Friday doll! Oh, I'm hosting a giveaway, I'd love if you entered!
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014