Saturday 2 July 2016

Expressing Gratitude...

Saturday 2 July 2016

 
Hello July ! This year is going so fast. Here, is a post I always wanted to write...

 
Complaining and whining all the time will get us nowhere. It just makes us feel frustrated like poor Sisyphus. And trust me, I know. I was a huge whiny baby before; but now I am practicing gratitude. The importance of being grateful has been emphasized in religion multiple times, but only some people can actually adopt this practice.
And I am trying to be one of those rare organisms (LOL). We always take most things for granted, until they are no longer there. Being a student away from home, I realized that how blessed I was when I was living with my family. Here are the things I am grateful for :

The people in my life : I am deeply grateful for the wonderful people in my life. I don't have a million friends. But the ones who are around me, understand my thoughts, actions etc. They don't judge me and most importantly they are brutally honest at all times. My family is pretty amazing too ! They are very supportive and I owe all my success to them.
 
Life: This is a pretty obvious one. I am grateful to God. I have a healthy body and each day I wakeup and enjoy the beautiful world. I am lucky to have shelter, food and water. This is the month of Ramadan and everybody should thank God for blessing us with the things most people don't have.
 
Intellect: I am blessed to have a sharp mind which I use to be really sarcastic at times. And most importantly, I use it to help others. Life will one day leave our body and what will only matter is, how we made others feel. Did we change lives? Did we share our blessings? You can help people with your ideas; you don't always need money to help others.
 
Being grateful and thankful will help you forget your difficulties. It will give you strength.
 
What are you grateful for ?
 
Love,
 
Lubna
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very beautifully written Lubna. If we stop and look around us there is so much more to be grateful for than for us to whine about. Funny enough, our human tendencies have us focusing on the small things we don't have rather than the bigger things that God blessed us with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great post lovely! x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014