Sunday 7 February 2016

PCOS Haircare - What works for me!

Sunday 7 February 2016
Hey Guys,

I found out that I had PCOS in 2013, when I was 18.(I won't say diagnosed because I don't see it as a disease, that would be pessimism.) PCOS sucks! Everyone who deals with knows. Most women deal with male-patterned hair loss, along with other PCOS symptoms. I started losing my hair way back, when I was only 14. I didn't realize how bad it was until I started seeing a wide parting and extremely brittle hair. I tried lots of things; Minoxidil was a big no no. I was too scared of its side effects. Last year, I bought a hair loss treatment called Phytolium 4 from Sephora. And thankfully, my parting seems thinner. It has no side effects and it smells like ayurvedic oil. One box lasts for 2 months.



I do get my hair trimmed every 4-8 weeks, but I still suffer from extremely brittle hair. I have millions of split ends and I recently found a protein treatment at the drugstore. Its called JOICO K PAK DEEP PENERTATING RECONSTRUCTOR. It is a protein mask. Protein helps reconstruct the hair shaft. Our hair is made of protein. It smells like bananas and you should use it only once a week because excess protein treatments can make your hair dry. I have used it a few times, as a deep conditioning mask and my hair feels healthy. I read some reviews online and found out that Kourtney Kardashian swears by this ! I am waiting for some more results! I hope my split ends become less noticeable.

Both of these products are worth the money! I don't want to give up and buy extensions or wigs. I want to preserve my hair and I think it is starting to look really good! I can finally try out some new hairstyles! I tried sulfate free shampoos and they do not wash away the DHT residue. (DHT is caused by testosterone and it is responsible for PCOS hair loss.) My dermatologist told me that a clarifying shampoo is good for my hair and I am currently use a Herbal Essences shampoo and a L'Oréal Oleotherapy Hair Masque.

PCOS is not the end of the world; I took it as a challenge. I am trying to change my lifestyle and tackle every symptom, which comes my way. Its a learning process and I will never give up.

Let me know what you guys think! What works for your hair loss?

Love,
Lubna
 

1 comment:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of heavy menstruation, and she always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014