Sunday 27 November 2016

Travel Lust : Jakarta, Indonesia

Sunday 27 November 2016
Source Info


I love travelling! I was an infant, when I went on my first international tour. I just love the feeling of meeting new people, experiencing new cultures and shopping! (DUH!)

I really want to explore Asia. One of the cities on my lust list is Jakarta, Indonesia; I am fascinated by the colorful culture and the deep history.  Jakarta is a dynamic city, always in a flux; the old and the new co-exist. Jakarta is the capital of Indonesia. A bustling city, Jakarta is filled with must- see destinations. Whenever I choose a city to go to; I also do some research beforehand. So here is my little guide to Jakarta:

Weather: Jakarta has pleasant weather all year round. It is a tropical city; so, expect rain. The rainiest months are Oct-May. I like this sort of weather because I can dress in loose flowy dresses. Wearing pure cotton is your best option. The rain just enhances the beauty of nature. I adore glistening raindrops on plants and the smell of wet soil.



Food: Jakarta has a melting pot culture; therefore, the food is intensely flavorful and diverse. The food is influenced by India, China, Malaysia, and Europe. You can choose from a variety of cuisines. I like tasting authentic traditional dishes and you can do that by visiting local markets. There is something so beautiful about trying out local dishes amongst the local people. Travelling is all about the experience! I am also a big fan of Durian. The must try dishes on my list are Durian Pancake, Pisang Goreng Sambal Roa (Fried Banana) and Martabak Manis(Stuffed Pancakes).

Historical Monuments, Must See Places: The National Museum is a must visit destination in Jakarta.  Founded in the 19th century, this museum is the key to understanding the history of Indonesia. It also has a large garden with several Hindu and Buddhist sculptures. Visiting this museum is very convenient as it is surrounded with public transport. Tours in various languages are conducted regularly. Another great monument is the Monas. The Monas embodies the struggle of the country. It is situated near the museum. There are also several beaches, as Indonesia is made up of islands. Cool off by visiting a local beach. Find out more about places to visit : Top 10 Places and The History
National Museum Image Source Click Here

Shopping: Everybody knows I am a shopaholic; so the first thing I search about is shopping. Jakarta has it all ! From huge malls to local markets. The Ancol Art Market sells a variety of handicrafts. Chinatown is another great place, for finding unique items. Bargaining is allowed in local markets and most items are pretty affordable. For luxury shopping, I suggest going to Plaza Indonesia. Plaza Indonesia is a big mall with popular flagship stores. Local markets and taxis usually accept cash. Credit cards are accepted in all shopping malls. Happy Shopping !
Hotel: There are a lot of great hotels in Indonesia. My friend just came back from her visit and she raved about the Aston Marina Ancol Hotel. This hotel has a great location. It is near the Kota Station, making it easier to get around the city. More info about Aston Marina Ancol - Click Here

Hope you enjoyed this post !

Visit Traveloka for booking hotels : Click Me

Follow me on Bloglovin and Instagram ! Click the links on the right ♥
 
Love,
 
Lubna


*this post was sponsored. however, all views are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to visit Indonesia someday! Great photos! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ! I love travelling ! You should definitely go there x

      Delete
  2. I'm not the biggest fan of Durian, but that looks kind of good haha I want to visit here one day, thanks for sharing!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014