Tuesday 15 November 2016

Favourites + Update :)

Tuesday 15 November 2016


Hey, lovelies !
 
I haven't been blogging much because I have been so busy figuring out life. I am preparing for my Masters program and everything has been really hectic. I am also travelling early next year so yeah... And the holidays sales are literally killing me. I have been shopping non-stop. I guess I do have a shopping addiction. I really wanted to share some of the things I have been loving with you :-
 
Wind/Pinball by Haruki Murakami : I am a big Murakami fan. Several years ago, I read Norwegian Wood and ever since then, I am a huge fan. I read After Dark and Wind/Pinball recently and I love them. Like Norwegian Wood, Murakami weaves the story around young adults. These novels are so intriguing and they remind me of impressionism; you see glimpses of what is happening and the true happenings remain a mystery. The stories are gripping and real.
 Wind/Pinball also has the autobiographical vibes which accompanied Norwegian Wood. I love his style of storytelling.
 
The Face Shop - Volcanic Lava Nose Strips : These really do get the gunk out. It helps me get rid of pesky blackheads and dry skin. I love the price too; its very cheap and cost effective. Having a nose full of blackheads, ruins any makeup look. I use one strip every week; its just so satisfying to see the end result.
 
Roses De Chloe Eau de Toilette : I went on a perfume spree recently ! #feelingspendy I bought Narcisco Rodriguez for her and many more. But the one that stole my heart was this. This perfume smells like straight up, freshly cut roses; you feel like you can smell the stems, the leaves, the pollen etc. Its just beautiful. I  must say, I do feel very chic when I use this. There is nothing artificial about this scent. This scent has a great lasting power. If you like fresh, feminine scents, this is for you. Its not too strong; I hate strong scents because they make me feel dizzy. Strong scents also hit people in their faces. :) What you really want is a lingering chic scent, like this. The packaging is just beautiful, I adore the lovely dusty rose ribbon on the top. It just sits on my vanity table like a souvenir.
 
Stila Liquid Lipsticks : Stila released their holiday sets and this one stood out to me. Its the Nude set and it contains 3 mini liquid lipsticks. The shades are Perla, Patina and Serenata. Patina is one of the best selling shades and I would describe it as a warm dark pink. Serenata is a browny nude, whilst Perla is a pale nude shade. The staying power is insane. After a huge lunch, Serenata still looked fresh. I was blown away. These liquid lipsticks are so easy to apply and the amount of product is great. You are getting more than a full sized version, combining all of them for a  cheaper price. These shades will suit a variety of skin tones. This will be a perfect Christmas stocking stuffer ! These are also a great dupe for the Kylie lip kits ! The only downside is that they are a tad drying. But nothing a bit of lip balm can't fix. I will just avoid them in the harsh winter.
 
 
 
Follow me on Instagram @lubnaumar
Twitter : TheMissLubna
Bloglovin : TheMissLubna
 
 
Love,
Lubna
 
 
P.S. I will swatch the lipsticks on my Instagram !
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TheMissLubna © 2014