Friday 23 September 2016

Color Crush : Bright Lipsticks

Friday 23 September 2016



I have been so fascinated by French beauty and skincare. I love the idea of minimalism in it. When it comes to French beauty, you think of Brigette Bardot, Catherine Deneuve; or the modern day beauties such as Camille Rowe and Marion Cotillard. Lovely glowy skin and a statement lip is usually the go to look. Or a classic winged liner and luscious nude lips. The main idea is to play up one feature; the eyes or the lips. My lipstick collection mostly consists of hundred variations of the nude lip. After realising this, I went to hunt for vibrant lipsticks which would compliment my olive skin tone. Where did I go first ? Sephora, of course. I spent an hour swatching and trying on lipsticks and the only one that appealed to me was the Laura Mercier Velour Lover Lipstick in Fantasy. It has a lovely satin finish and I would describe the color as a bright bubblegum pink with warm undertones. The packaging is stunning; it feels super luxurious. The pigmentation is so intense and the color lasts for such a long time.

My next purchase was a lovely red lipstick from MAC. Now, I think that finding a red lipstick is pretty tricky because reds come in all different variations. You have the blood reds, the deep reds etc; some have blue undertones, pink undertones, and the list goes on... You get what I mean.  I tried a few retro mattes first and they all were disgustingly dry. They were like chalk. Then my eyes fell on a beautiful red lipstick with orange tones- MAC Mangrove. I tried it on and VOILA ! I felt like a gazillion bucks and partly like Sméagol (Gollum), quietly whispering my precious, my precious, all mine. Lovely natural make up and a statement lip exudes sophistication. Buying lipsticks is such a fun challenge; I can't wait to go again and buy more.  The lust never ends. Its great to experiment with colors. Some drugstore brands do really good bright lipsticks;I would recommend the Rimmel Kate Moss collection for a budget find.





 
 
Lastly, I really want to thank my readers for supporting me. I am glad that so many people enjoy my sense of humour. This blog means the world to me and I just want to give you all a big warm virtual hug.
 
 


Follow me on Instagram @lubnaumar
Twitter : TheMissLubna

Follow my blog --> CLICK THE BLOGLOVIN BUTTON ♥♥♥

 
 
 
Love,
 
Lubna
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. These colors can change your look dramatically! Love them! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bright lipsticks! I have a bunch but need to wear them more!

    Don't forget to join the Fashion Frenzy Linkup this Wednesday!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014