Thursday 26 July 2018

Life Update || Where have I been ?

Thursday 26 July 2018
 
Wisdom begins in wonder"



Hey,

     I can't believe that I haven't blogged anything for almost an year. 2017 was a whirlwind for me because a lot of things suddenly changed from the very start. But don't worry...all those changes were entirely positive. But that doesn't mean that they weren't scary. One of my greatest dreams came true, I got accepted into grad school for English. Doing an MA was always my goal, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared and nervous about it (this reminds me of #loveisland lol). As most grad applicants/students, I felt like I wasn't good enough for the program. Naturally, I underestimated my own knowledge, determination and skills. And I am happy to say, I was proven wrong. Fast-forward to the present day, I have graduated with much more worldly knowledge, confidence, and if I must say so myself, an impressive transcript. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't impossible. My program was very intense, as it was only an 8 month course; I started both semesters with tremendous nerves and anxiety. It never got any easier as time went on, but I learnt how to handle scary deadlines, research data, people and much more.
     When I look back, I realize that it was one of the best experiences of my life because I had the lovely opportunity to write and talk about things that moved my soul. I really enjoy philosophy and post-colonial literature and that became my focus throughout the academic year. Jumping into the world of film studies was also immensely exciting and challenging. It came to my realization that the moving pictures we see on-screen involve a lot of science and emotion. Film-making is not as easy as it looks and I really appreciated the beautiful films our professor screened for us like, Peach Girl/Peach Blossom Weeps Tears of Blood (1931).
     Apart from absorbing beautiful art, I met several lovely people who have changed the way I live my life. I have a better understanding of the way the world functions now. I truly respect the natural environment more and more everyday. Most importantly, I decline to be absorbed by blind consumerism and idiotic theories.
     If you ask me to do it again, I would happily accept. The world of academia is like my home. But for now, other things lie ahead and maybe one day, I will enroll myself into university again.

Right now, I am constantly making travel plans and hoping to enjoy every second of life.

What have you guys been up to ?

Bisoux,

Lubna
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TheMissLubna © 2014