Sunday 8 May 2016

Being Ladylike: Easy Manicures

Sunday 8 May 2016




 
I have always struggled with the notion of beautiful ladylike hands, because as you can see I don't have the most feminine hands. But, with time comes acceptance and I love myself now. Most people pay attention to your hands and you don't even realize it. Personally, I hate fake nails and I prefer good ol' nail polish. Doing your own nails is also very fun; for some people it means Zen time.(that's if you don't mess up)
 
I have discovered some great products, which help my hands look presentable. The Udderly Smooth Hand Cream is amazing. It is slightly running but it is very effective in moisturizing my hands. Pulling it out of my handbag is funny at times, because of the packaging. It looks like something you would apply on cow nipples; which was the primary use of the product when it was first launched. Interesting right ? The Burts Bees cuticle cream is great too ! As, for Essie nail colours, they are spectacular. Affordable, yet great quality. They don't chip easily. The greyish mauve color is called Master Plan. I don't have it on in  the picture, but it really suits all skin tones. The pinkish shade is called Sugar Daddy and it is very sheer. It makes my nails look healthy. This shade was sold out on Essie's site and celebrities stylists love using it for that natural but healthy nails look. The clear polish is a base+top coat. I always used to skip this step, but now I prioritise base coats because I have seen girls with yellow nails. And it ain't pretty ! So, ladies keep those nails on fleek !
 
Love,
 
Lubna

2 comments:

  1. wow i like those rings! x

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! I love wearing rings everyday x

      Delete

TheMissLubna © 2014