Thursday 7 April 2016

A stroll through Downtown London, Ontario

Thursday 7 April 2016
 


Who doesn't enjoy lovely weather ? Last week, I decided to go to Downtown London. This my friend, is Downtown London, Ontario. Its a lovely Canadian city and most of my friends confuse it with London, UK. Growing up in several countries was an interesting experience for me and browsing through Downtown New York and London was filled with fond memories. I love the artsy, carefree vibes. The downtown alleyways marked with graffiti. The graffiti usually conveyed strong social messages. The small tattoo parlours, the street food, the "unsophisticated" language. Another favourite destination for me was Chinatown. My parents would go there for foreign currency exchanges and fresh fish. I liked the Chinese gold shops too. I would stare at the jade rings for hours.


Downtown London, Ontario is not that big; but it is the most happening part of this small city. It is also not very culturally diverse. I am not a nightlife person and due to this I like exploring places during the day. This section of the city is filled with great bars, restaurants, mixed with corporate towers. Not to mention, stunning churches and cathedrals. I visited St. Peter's Cathedral and I was in awe. The architecture is stunningly beautiful; cathedral was established in 1885, which explains the amazing historical value it has. 

Victoria Park is a great place for picnics and I can't wait to have one there. Walking through the park, I saw cute toddlers running around their siblings, cyclists resting and people just sitting and observing nature.

For eating out, this section of the city is great because there are so many places to eat. I went to Wendy's with my friend and we gorged on chicken burgers, lemonade and fries. When in doubt order fries ! :) I also got the chance to show off my lovely evil eye necklace from Mejuri.

The day was amazing and I felt really happy because the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. I know this seems cheesy, but don't you just love it when everything in life seems perfect for a while. This post is heavy on pictures and I hope you enjoy reading it !
 



 
St Peter's Cathedral Basilica, London, Ontario
 


 



Love,

Lubna

3 comments:

  1. I totally thought you meant London, UK to start with! Downtown London in CANADA looks absolutely beautiful. Canada is one of the places I'd love to visit one day, it's such a gorgeous place. Loved your writing in this, too x

    Love, Maia
    www.maiacreed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I am glad you enjoyed the post x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous place! I've never heard about it before ☺
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014