Thursday 4 May 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Haul and First Impressions

Thursday 4 May 2017


On my recent trip to Nordstrom, I finally decided to up pick some Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks because a) the addiction is real and b) who can ignore the luxurious, rose-gold packaging? The array of shades had me so confused ; every shade seemed absolutely unique. After some serious swatching (and I mean serious), I ended up picking, Penelope Pink from the K.I.S.S.I.N.G range and Secret Salma from the Hot Lips Collection. The rose gold lipstick bullet is stunning; it is made of some heavy metal packaging, which in my opinion just screams high end.



Penelope Pink is a fleshy nude color with a hint of pink. I love how creamy and lightweight the formula is. The scent reminds me of MAC lipsticks. I like to layer a darker lip liner such as MAC Whirl underneath this. This lipstick is slightly glossy but it still has a decent amount of staying power. The formula claims to protect the lips from UV damage. Both of these lipsticks are free from parabens.

Top - Penelope Pink, Bottom - Secret Salma

Secret Salma is a rosy-mauve with a hint of plum. This lipstick is semi-matte; it appears matte but it still gives you that multi-dimensional look. The Hot Lips collection was inspired by beautiful celebrities and as you can already guess, this lipstick was inspired by Salma Hayek. This lipstick lasts longer on my lips than Penelope Pink. For me, this is a very bold color which is just perfect for spring and summer. I wouldn't use this shade on a everyday basis. I believe that when you purchase a lipstick from this collection, a small amount goes to charity; which is a very lovely thing.

Now the moment of truth ! Are these lipsticks worth the $$$ ?

Yes. I can't describe how special these make me feel. These lipsticks make my lips feel soft, super plump, and beautiful. I think Charlotte Tilbury has made another loyal customer ! From the packaging to the formula, everything feels luxurious and high end. The formula boasts of exotic ingredients such as orchids, natural wax, and tropical fruits. I wouldn't mind purchasing a few more.


Bisoux,


Lubna
 

3 comments:

  1. Secret Selma looks so beautiful, wow! I'm pretty sure I'm the last person to not jump on the CT lipstick wagon yet :( I need to try them asap. They sound so good!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love CT lipsticks, I think I have around 8-9 and I'm using them all! Secret Salma is a favourite :)

    www.rougenapples.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Products!! I'll have to try some for my self.

    ReplyDelete

TheMissLubna © 2014