Wednesday 7 December 2016

Things to do before the year ends and new beginnings ...

Wednesday 7 December 2016


Woah...it is crazy how 2016 just flew by; time really does fly. I hope you had a great year; for me 2016 was bittersweet. But if I had lows, I also had great highs; 2016 was full of achievements for me. I finished my post graduate course with top honors, I worked hard to earn my own money and most importantly I kept my blogging dream alive. "I am proud of you!", my dad said; that for me meant a lot. I feel valued.
I also reflected on my own actions and people. I realised that I  cannot please everyone and I don't even want to. I can't shut all the negative, sour comments. What I need to focus on is me; and life will fall into place. I read a lot of great books this year but the one that I think you guys should also read is Bonjour, happiness! : secrets to finding your joie de vivre by Jamie Cat Callan. This book is about the French way of living; now now, I don't want you to mimic the French. This book contains an important message on life; it talks about how one should live simply. We should inhale life by enjoying nature and spending time with the family. We shouldn't rush through life. I really enjoyed the book, it was humorous and straightforward. Definitely a must read !
 

Before the year ends, I want to say thank you to all of you guys ! I am so excited for Christmas and New Years. I am also excited for my birthday, even though its late March. But, you know what? I am allowed to be excited. I have the right to do so.
 
Do you do New Year Resolutions? I remember jotting down resolutions as a kid; not anymore, because now I make major lifestyle changes. Self improvement is a journey that never ends.
 
I hope that 2017 proves to be a good year for everyone around the world. I am looking forward to a positive year. I also want to undergo change. Maybe a new haircut? New hair color ? Exciting stuff ahead folks!
 
What are your thoughts on the whole bye bye, 2016 and hello, 2017 thing?
 
Please let me know in the comments below:)

Bisoux,

Lubna
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully this year will be better for me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riya, I think 2017 will be a great year for you ! May God bless you with immense happiness and strength x

      Delete

TheMissLubna © 2014