Saturday 3 December 2016

Main Travel Essentials ! Jetsetting like a pro !

Saturday 3 December 2016


Everybody has a bit of wanderlust. I just have a lot ! I have been a jet setting babe since 1995 and by now you can trust that I have nailed the flight essentials down pretty nicely. Let's just take out the basics first; passport, music, hand sanitizer(lots of bacteria whilst travelling), snacks(if you don't like the inflight menu) etc.
Now, I always pack a little toiletries and makeup bag for the flight. Here's what I carry:

1. Hand Cream: Hand cream is a clear no-brainer for me. I hate having dry hands because mine turn really ashy in dry conditions. I just pack any mini tube of hand cream and I apply it several times during the flight. This just ensures that my hands stay pretty and presentable.

2. Toothpaste and toothbrush: I like brushing my teeth in between connecting flights or on the plane during long flights. It really freshens my mood. Hygiene is always a must ! You don't want to reach the destination like a dragon. Or do you? :)

3. Cleanser/Wipes: Okay, so this one is based on personal preference. I carry both mini cleansers and makeup removing wipes. I use the wipes when I don't want to wash my face. I wipe my neck and face and this instantly makes me feel more alive. I use any cleanser but for wipes I like the blue Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes. They get the job done efficiently and they are pretty affordable too.

4. Moisturiser/Lip Balm: Every skin type needs hydration and the air conditions on a plane are always dry. Therefore, its so important to keep you whole body hydrated. I load on the moisturiser and the lip balm several times during flights. I am currently using this Korres Rose Moisturiser and for lip balm I use the Vaseline tin because its quite thick. I also enjoy using my Rosebud Salve; you can apply lip balm on your cuticles and elbows too!

5. Basic Makeup: I like carrying no fuss/simple makeup. BB Creams and light foundations work for me. The foundation I have is the Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation. I wear the shade 230. This blends like a dream and it just takes me 2 mins to blend it in. For powder, I use the Rimmel Stay Matte in Translucent. I also carry a little blush because I like having color on my cheeks. The one I use is the Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Coral. You don't need a lot of makeup; I just like looking good whilst travelling. I also pack a little pencil eyeliner or kajal. I don't like to fuss with liquid eyeliners whilst travelling. Jet lag just sucks the soul out of me and come on, who has the patience to apply it during travelling. So, I use line my waterline with a black pencil. The one I have is the Lakme Absolute Kajal in Black. This doesn't fade or smudge. I simply adore this ! I also pack one multitasker brush for the powder and blush. The Real Techniques Buffing Brush is perfect.

Hope you enjoyed this post x

I am not doing Blogmas but I will post often this month and that's a promise.


Love,

Lubna
 

2 comments:

  1. I've never actually been on a long haul flight so I've never had much of a "plane routine" - there's only so much you can do in an hour or two haha. Will definitely refer back to this when I do finally go on a longer flight!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it !I like looking fresh all the time and these tips really work. I hate looking haggard lol

      Lubna

      Delete

TheMissLubna © 2014