Saturday 7 January 2017

2016 Favourites - Beauty

Saturday 7 January 2017



I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday. Helloo, 2017! Its scary how quickly time passes, I swear only yesterday it was 2010. Who agrees?

Beauty wise, 2016 was a terrific year; we witnessed the release of innovative products such as cushion foundations, liquid highlighters, multisticks etc. I rounded up my ultimate favourites for you guys, so here it goes:

1. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask - My skin gets very dry in the winter and it literally feels like a dry mask stretched over my skull. I was eyeing this product for quite a while and I decided to give it a go; I use this as a night cream. It has hyaluronic acid, which is great for giving the skin a moisture boost. This overnight mask sinks right into my skin and makes it look so plump. I also adore the fruity scent !

2. CHANEL JOUES CONTRASTE - Powder Blush - Pink Explosion - I wanted to treat myself, so I decided to pick up this lovely bright pink blush from Chanel. It is a gorgeous bright pink color; I found the colour payoff to be sheer, but buildable. This blush has fine shimmer particles, which I like; I believe it gives my face a lit from within look. The best part about this chic blush is that it is rose scented. The packaging is very sturdy and classy !

3. Bite Beauty Multistick - Brioche - This purchase took me to the status of VIB at Sephora; not bad for a student eh? The whole idea behind the product, is that it is multipurpose, you can use it as a blush, eyeshadow, or lipstick. The formula is powder based. The colour selection in this range is just divine. My favourite kind of nude shades are abundant in the range. I like using this as a lipstick. The shade Brioche reminds me of MAC Whirl; but it is a bit lighter than Whirl. The amount of product you get in the tube shocked me, 4.75 grams ! Amazeballs, I tell you !!! You need this in your life, asap!

4. MAC Matte Lipsticks - I get the hype around MAC lipsticks; they are a bang for the buck. I have Sin(dark wine), Whirl(Pinky Brown), Taupe(Rusty Nude), and Mangrove(Bright, Orangey Red). Their formula is a dream to apply and they are extremely longwearing. The packaging is very sturdy and sleek. As compared to other high end brands, these are on the more affordable side.

5. Stila Liquid Lipsticks - Perla, Patina, Serenata - I don't want to buy any of the Kylie Lipkits; but I am attracted to the shade selection. When I saw that Stila released a trio of nude liquid lipsticks I grabbed them immediately. These shades are very similar to Kylie's range. These liquid lipsticks are long wearing and easy to apply. But, I do find them a tad too dry to use in the winter. I still love them !

6. L'OrĂ©al Pro Matte Foundation -  Move aside high end foundations, this one has it all. I am obsessed with this foundation. The best way to describe this is matte but not flat. It has high coverage and it keeps my face shine free for hours.

7. Roses de Chloe
 - Not going to lie, I went a bit perfume crazy this year. I bought several perfumes, I hoarded more and more samples. The only scent that made it to my dressing table was this. This is an Eau De Toilette spray; the notes described are Bergamot, Damascena Rose Essence, and Amber Musk. If you are drawn to floral scents, this might be for you. Even though it is an Eau de Toilette, it lasts very long on me. For me, this smells like freshly cut roses, straight from the garden. In other words, it is divine !

Hope you enjoyed my lovely favourites. I have swatched the lipsticks on my Instagram!

Follow me on Bloglovin' ! Click the button on the right x

Bisoux,

Lubna
 

1 comment:

TheMissLubna © 2014